Turkmen State University named after Magtymguly - a leading, one of the oldest and largest classical universities of Turkmenistan. Since 1989 is a member of the Eurasian Association of Universities.
Faculties and specialties for training:
- Physics and Mathematics (specialty: mathematics, applied mathematics and computer science, physics, radio physics and electronics).
- Computer technologies (spetsialty: Information Systems and Technologies).
- Natural (specialty: biology, ecology, geography, chemistry, cartography, meteorology, psychology).
- Philology (specialty: Turkmen language and literature; Romano-Germanic languages: English Language and Literature, German Language and Literature, French Language and Literature, Italian Language and Literature; Oriental languages: Arabic Language and Literature, Turkish Language and Literature, Persian and literature, Chinese language and literature, journalism).
- Jurisprudence (specialty: law).